Information for Authors
Sir Syed Journal of Education & Social Research (SJESR) is an international peer-reviewed academic journal intended for scientists from all fields of education and related sciences. Articles submitted to the SJESR should address the dissemination, criticism, interpretation, and encouragement of all forms of systematic enquiry into education and fields related to or associated with education. SJESR will consider only those research articles for publication which comes under the scope of its main domain. The manuscript is your own original work, and does not duplicate any other previously published work, including your own previously published work. The manuscript should not contain abhorrent, defamatory, slanderous, obscene, fraudulent, or illicit material. The authors should avoid using idiomatic and affective language. The protocols of academic research should be maintained.
Sir Syed Journal of Education & Social Research (SJESR) is an international bi-annual Journal. Which publish two issues per year
First Issue is published in the month of June and second in the month of December .
Submission to SJESR proceeds totally online and you will be guided stepwise through the creation and uploading of your files. Submission of a manuscript to SJESR needed an undertaking on the part of the author(s), that the particular manuscript which is going to be publish in SJESR, is neither whole nor any substantial part of the manuscript has been published before, in press, or is under consideration elsewhere.
Decision Regarding Publication
If a submission’s topic is considered to fit the mandate of the journal, the Editor will send the manuscript for a set of outside peer reviews. After receiving the reviews, the advisory/ editorial board will decide to either accept the manuscript, reject the manuscript, or request revisions, which may or may not go out for a second set of peer reviews. This will be made by the editorial board after considering the reviewers’ recommendations. Manuscripts will be reviewed by at least three consulting editors/reviewers. This process normally takes 6-12 months. The editorial board is under no obligation to provide justification of its decision regardless of whether the paper is accepted or rejected.
Section of Research Article
Research articles should present innovative research that clearly addresses selected hypothesis or question. A research article should be divided into the following sections:
- Title Page
- Literature Review
- Results and Discussion
- Acknowledgment (if any)
General Instructions and Formatting
SJESR’s editorial style conforms to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th Ed.) and the length should be not exceed than 15 pages. Manuscripts that do not conform may be returned for adjustment.
- The manuscript should consist of 4000-8000 words and should be written 1.5 lining spaced.
- It should be clearly indicated that who will handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, also post-publication. The name(s), affiliation(s), and phone, fax, e-mail addresses), permanent and postal address and a brief biography of the author(s) should appear on cover page. Ensure that the e-mail address is given and that contact details are kept up to date by the corresponding author and maximum number of authors should not be more than three.
- An abstract of 150-200 words, Time New Roman 12 point, at the beginning of the paper and italic fonts. Abstract should be one continuous paragraph in which headings are to be avoided.
- The authors are requested to check the article thoroughly with spellings, figures, and illustrations, etc., before sending for publication. Incomplete articles will not be entertained.
- Font size and Type: 12-pt Time New Roman. Paragraph should be indented 5-7 spaces
- Margins: One inch on all sides except left side with 1.5 inch.
- Line Spacing: line spacing should be 1.5 throughout the paper, including the title page, abstract, body of the document, references, appendixes, footnotes, tables, and figures.
- Pagination: Pages should be numbered consecutively, beginning with the page after the title page. The page number appears one inch from the right edge of the manuscript on the first line of every page.
- Graphics: Mathematical symbols and graphic should be clearly marked. Tables and figures should be given number.
- Sources cited appear in parentheses after each reference (direct or otherwise), giving author’s name (unless mentioned in text), year of publication, and page number(s) in the case of direct quotes.
- Enclose quotes of 40 or fewer words in double quotation marks in the text and list all sources alphabetically at the end of the manuscript under the heading references using APA style.