When and how should a manuscript be submitted to SJESR?
Information for Authors
Sir Syed Journal of Education & Social Research (SJESR) is an international peer-reviewed academic Journal envisioned for researchers in all fields of social sciences. It is essential to give name, designation & e-mail address, when submitting a manuscript. Articles must be written in good English. Submission of an article implies that the work: a) has not been published previously in whole or part b) is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, c) is approved by all Authors, d) if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in whole or part, in English or any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. Upon acceptance of an article, authors will be asked to transfer copyright. This transfer will ensure the widest possible dissemination of information. A letter will be sent to the corresponding Author confirming receipt of the manuscript. A form facilitating transfer of copyright will be provided. If excerpts from other copyrighted works are included, the Author(s) must obtain written permission from the copyright owners and credit the source(s) in the article. The Submission Process Manuscripts are to be submitted online. Stepwise guidance will be provided if needed. No other form of submission is accepted.
Sir Syed Journal of Education & Social Research (SJESR) is a quarterly journal publish one volume with four issues per annum. The Publication Schedule is
1st Issue: January-March (Winter)
2nd Issue: April-June (Spring)
3rd Issue: July-September (Summer)
4th Issue: October-December (Fall)
Submission to SJESR proceeds totally online and you will be guided stepwise through the creation and uploading of your files. Submission of a manuscript to SJESR needed an undertaking on the part of the author(s), that the particular manuscript which is going to be publish in SJESR, is neither whole nor any substantial part of the manuscript has been published before, in press, or is under consideration elsewhere.
Decision Regarding Publication
If a submission’s manuscript is considered fit for the mandate of the journal, it will be sent for peer reviews. After receiving reviews’ feedback, it will be decided to either accept or reject the manuscript for further process and the editorial board is under no obligation to justify its decision. This whole process normally takes 2-3 months. [See attached formats for all research designs]
General Instructions and Formatting
- The manuscript should consist of 4000-5000 words and should be written single lining spaced.
- It should be indicated that who will handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, also post-publication. The name(s), affiliation(s), and phone, fax, e-mail addresses), permanent and postal address and a brief biography of the author(s) should appear on the cover page. Ensure that the e-mail address is given and that contact details are kept up to date by the corresponding author and the maximum number of authors should not be more than three.
- An abstract of 150-200 words, Time New Roman 11 point, at the beginning of the paper and italic fonts. Abstract should be one continuous paragraph in which headings are to be avoided.
- The authors are requested to check the article thoroughly with spellings, figures, and illustrations, etc., before sending for publication. Incomplete articles will not be entertained.
- Font size and Type: 11-pt Time New Roman. The paragraph should be indented 5-7 spaces
- Margins: One inch on all sides except the left side with 1.5 inches.
- Line Spacing: line spacing should be single throughout the paper, including the title page, abstract, body of the document, references, appendixes, footnotes, tables, and figures.
- Pagination: Pages should be numbered consecutively, beginning with the page after the title page. The page number appears one inch from the right edge of the manuscript on the first line of every page.